Monday, August 27, 2007

I can't believe I'm doing this.

I've always thought that blogs were for people that were craving attention, or thought they were more important than they really are. But more and more lately I've found myself feeling isolated from the rest of the world. I spend a lot of time in front of the computer (thanks to work and the Internet), and way too much time in front of the TV (thanks to my DVR). And I'm kind of on the shy side, so I'm not very comfortable posting on forums and popping into chat rooms unless I have specific information I want to convey. Lots of passive time watching and reading, and very little time interacting with real human beings.

So I thought I'd give blogging a try. Besides giving me a chance to practice my writing skills, I'm hoping it'll make me feel like I am reaching out to the world, sharing parts of my life and my thoughts. And with any luck, maybe someone will reach back in, and I might make a new friend or two. I guess I'm the one who is craving attention now.

No comments: